Chihuahuas are wonderfully spirited little dogs full of love and energy! Anyone who knows them can tell you how lively their personalities are. I have 5 chihuahuas, 3 of which are puppies. Susu, Ginger, Cori, Fen, & Cinna. I'll be sharing my thoughts here on everything from health issues, to food, to fashion and fun for the small dog.

I hope you enjoy the blog, leave me a comment and follow along!!

-- Michelle K.


While the main dog here is the Chihuahua, I believe the information here is valuable and entertaining to any small dog owner.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Meet The Chihuahuas!


I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about how I wanted to start this blog off.  I could just introduce myself but that just feels silly since you quite possibly know me.  So I thought I would answer the biggest question I get asked.  

Why Chihuahuas and why five Chihuahuas?  

Most of my friends are big dog people.  They see my chis as little barky things.  And they are right!  But the Chihuahua is a complex breed.  They are full of life and personality and are hugely expressive.  They are very smart and eager to please.  Being bred as companions and guard dogs they are extremely loyal and closely bonding dogs.  Oh, and did I mention they bark?  A lot?

 I like their small size and look.  Their little faces and ears are cute and I enjoy holding them.  I even think they look sweet in clothes and snuggled in the covers.  And of course we all agree that hanging around the house together all warm and cozy is a great idea!

But the bottom line is they suit my lifestyle as a homebody and the Chihuahua is a beautiful, intelligent little dog just perfect for sharing your home and life with.  I just cant imagine a home without them and I'm sure I will always have chihuahuas.  They are fun and interesting little dogs that don't require me to be out in the cold for a 3 mile hike.  What could be better?

And I enjoy each of them in different ways as they are all different.
  

Susu is my snuggle bunny who would just spend hours of every day on my lap.  


 Ginger is a 'lab at heart' and is one of the more gentle, joyful dogs I've known.  


 Cori has his moms gentle nature and his dads love of being cuddled.  



Cinna is a beautiful little spitfire full of  personality.  


And Fen has a mischievousness about him with a fun-loving spirit.  

In short, they are each special and individual and I love and enjoy them all.  They each their own little place in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. I can understand why you have so many. They are such loving little dogs. and each one different.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in at The Charming Chi!